Learn how to manage, support and troubleshoot Windows desktop virtualisation on this Microsoft Virtualizing Enterprise Desktops and Applications course.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam, which is included in your course package.
You must have a system administrator–level working knowledge of:
Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
A basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services is also desired.
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
Module 1: Overview of Desktop and Application Virtualization
This module explains virtualization technologies and how you can use them to meet the needs of your organization. To use these virtualization technologies properly within your organisation, you'll need to understand the available technologies and when to use them.
- Overview of Virtualization Technologies
- Usage Scenarios for Virtualization
- Considerations for Implementing Virtualization
Module 2: Planning and Implementing User State Virtualization
Learn about user state virtualization, which technologies are part of it and what are the benefits. You'll also learn how to plan and implement user state virtualization technologies.
- Understanding and Planning for User State Virtualization
- Configuring Roaming User Profiles and Folder Redirection
- Configuring UE-V
Module 3: Planning and Implementing App-V
During this module you'll learn about application virtualization and App-V components. This module also describes App-V infrastructure, deployment scenarios, and procedures for installing and configuring Microsoft Server Application Virtualization agents (App-V agents).
- Overview of Application Virtualization
- App-V Architecture
- Planning App-V Infrastructure
- Deploying App-V Infrastructure
Module 4: Managing and Administering Application Virtualization
This module explains the App-V console, how to control administrative access and the functionality and administrative functions that the console provides. You'll also learn how to manage connection groups and how to publish applications into the virtualized environment.
- Managing and Administering Application Virtualization
- Modifying Published Application and Configuration Upgrades
- App-V Reporting
Module 5: Planning and Deploying App-V Clients
You'll study the recommendations for deploying and managing the App-V Client. This module will also provides you with an overview of the App-V Desktop Client, App-V Remote Desktop Client and the several installation methods for each.
- Overview of App-V Client
- Installing and Configuring the App-V Client
- Managing App-V Client Properties
Module 6: Application Sequencing
During this module you'll learn how to install and configure the App-V Sequencer to create application packages.
- Overview of Application Sequencing
- Planning for Application Sequencing
- Sequencing an Application
- Advanced Application Sequencing
Module 7: Configuring Client Hyper-V
This module explains Client Hyper-V in Windows 8.1 and explains the fundamentals of working with virtual machines in a Client Hyper-V environment. You should be aware that all the features that are covered in this module are also available in Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Overview of Client Hyper-V
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Managing Virtual Hard Disks
- Managing Checkpoints
Module 8: Planning and Deploying Session-Based Desktops
This module explains how to plan for session-based desktop deployment of Remote Desktop Services (RDS). You'll also learn to perform session-based desktop deployment.
- Overview of Remote Desktop Services
- Planning Infrastructure for Session-Based Desktops
- Planning Infrastructure for Session-Based Desktops
- RDS High Availability
Module 9: Configuring and Managing RemoteApp Programs
Learn how to publish and work with RemoteApp programs.
- Publishing and Configuring RemoteApp Programs
- Working With RemoteApp Programs
Module 10: Planning Personal and Pooled Desktops
Discover how to plan the implementation of pooled and personal desktops.
- Overview of Personal and Pooled Desktops
- Planning and Optimizing Desktop Templates
Module 11: Planning and Implementing Infrastructure for Pooled and Personal Desktops
This module explains how to implement and manage pooled and personal desktops.
- Planning Storage for Personal and Pooled Desktops
- Capacity Planning for Pooled and Personal Desktops
- Implementing Pooled and Personal Desktops
- Implementing RemoteApp for Hyper-V
Module 12: Implementing Remote Access for VDI
Learn how to implement remote access and high availability for VDI.
- Extending VDI Outside the Organization
- Controlling RD Gateway Access
Module 13: Performance and Health Monitoring of VDI Infrastructure
This module explains how to monitor the performance of virtual desktop infrastructure to ensure performance.
- Overview of Monitoring Desktop and Application Virtualization
- Monitoring Desktop Virtualization Infrastructure
The Virtual Classroom is an online forum, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Your prereading sits in your personal space at readynez.com: My Readynez. Simply log in, find your course and start your preparations.
Your exam voucher is usually included in your virtual training package. When you´re ready to sit your exam, you just book it. You can sit most exams from home or at a local test centre. We’re here to help you with that process.