Get expert instruction and hands-on practice configuring and managing clients and devices by using Microsoft System Center v1511 Configuration Manager, Microsoft Intune, and their associated site systems. In this course, you will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage software, client health, hardware and software inventory, applications, and integration with Intune.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
Before attending this course, students must have working knowledge at the system-administrator level of the following:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
20696C: Managing Enterprise Devices and Apps using System Center Configuration Manager
Module 1: Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
This module describes the features that Configuration Manager and Intune include, and it details how you can use these solutions to manage PCs and mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
- Overview of systems management by using enterprise-management solutions
- Overview of the Configuration Manager architecture
- Overview of the Configuration Manager administrative tools
- Tools for monitoring and troubleshooting a Configuration Manager site
- Introduction to queries and reports
Lab : Exploring the Configuration Manager tools
- Searching in the Configuration Manager console
- Using Windows PowerShell with Configuration Manager
- Using Configuration Manager Service Manager to manage components
- Monitoring site and component status
- Reviewing log files by using the Configuration Manager Trace tool
Lab : Creating queries, and configuring Reporting Services
- Creating data queries
- Creating subselect queries
- Configuring a Reporting Services point
- Creating a report by using Report Builder
Module 2: Preparing the management infrastructure to support PCs and mobile devices
This module explains how to prepare the management infrastructure, including configuring boundaries, boundary groups, and resource discovery. Additionally it describes how Configuration Manager interacts with the Microsoft Exchange Server environment to discover and manage mobile devices.
- Configuring site boundaries and boundary groups
- Configuring resource discovery
- Configuring the Exchange Server Connector for mobile-device management
- Configuring user and device collections
Lab : Configuring boundaries and resource discovery
- Configuring boundaries and boundary groups
- Configuring Active Directory discovery methods
Lab : Configuring user and device collections
- Creating a device collection
- Creating a user collection
- Configuring a maintenance window
Module 3: Deploying and managing clients
This module explains the supported operating systems and devices, the software requirements, and the different methods for installing the Configuration Manager client. This module also describes some of the default and custom client settings that you can configure. After installing the client software, you can configure the client settings to perform routine management tasks.
- Overview of the Configuration Manager client
- Deploying the Configuration Manager client
- Configuring and monitoring client status
- Managing client settings in Configuration Manager
Lab : Deploying the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager client software
- Preparing the site for client Installation
- Deploying the Configuration Manager client software by using client push installation
Lab : Configuring and monitoring client status
- Configuring and monitoring client health status
Lab : Managing Client Settings
- Configuring client settings
Module 4: Managing inventory for PCs and applications
This module describes the inventory collection process. Additionally, it details how to configure, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory, and use the Asset Intelligence and software metering features.
- Overview of inventory collection
- Configuring hardware and software inventory
- Managing inventory collection
- Configuring software metering
- Configuring and managing Asset Intelligence
Lab : Configuring and managing inventory collection
- Configuring and managing hardware inventory
Lab : Configuring software metering
- Configuring software metering
Lab : Configuring and managing Asset Intelligence
- Preparing the site for Asset Intelligence
- Configuring Asset Intelligence
- Monitoring license agreements by using Asset Intelligence
- Viewing Asset Intelligence reports
Module 5: Distributing and managing content used for deployments
This module explains how to identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content that is used for deployments.
- Preparing the infrastructure for content management
- Distributing and managing content on distribution points
Lab : Distributing and managing content for deployments
- Installing a new distribution point
- Managing content distribution
Module 6: Deploying and managing applications
This module explains describes the methods for creating, deploying, and managing applications with Configuration Manager. Also it explains how to use the Software Center and the Application Catalog to install available applications and manage deployments on unconventional applications. In addition, it describes how to install Windows 10 apps and virtualized applications.
- Overview of application management
- Creating applications
- Deploying applications
- Managing applications
- Deploying virtual applications by using System Center Configuration Manager (optional)
- Deploying and managing Windows Store apps
Lab : Creating and deploying applications
- Installing and configuring the Application Catalog roles
- Creating applications with requirements
- Deploying applications
Lab : Managing application supersedence and removal
- Managing application supersedence
- Uninstalling the Excel Viewer application
Lab : Deploying virtual applications by using Configuration Manager (Optional)
- Configuring support for Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)
- Deploying virtual applications
Lab : Using Configuration Manager to deploy Windows Store apps
- Configuring support for sideloading Windows Store apps
- Configuring a Windows Store app
- Deploying Windows 10 apps to users
Module 7: Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
This module explains how to use the software updates feature in Configuration Manager to implement an end-to-end management process for the complex task of identifying, deploying, and monitoring software updates to your Configuration Manager clients.
- The software updates process
- Preparing a Configuration Manager site for software updates
- Managing software updates
- Configuring automatic deployment rules
- Monitoring and troubleshooting software updates
Lab : Configuring the site for software updates
- Configuring and synchronizing the software-update point
Lab : Deploying and managing software updates
- Determining software-update compliance
- Deploying software updates to clients
- Configuring automatic deployment rules
Module 8: Implementing Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
This module explains how to use Configuration Manager to implement Endpoint Protection.
- Overview of Endpoint Protection in Configuration Manager
- Configuring, deploying, and monitoring Endpoint Protection policies
Lab : Implementing Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection
- Configuring the System Center Endpoint Protection point and client settings
- Configuring and deploying Endpoint Protection policies
- Monitoring Endpoint Protection
Module 9: Managing compliance and secure data access
This module explains how to manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure compliance settings and data access for users and devices.
- Overview of compliance settings
- Configuring compliance settings
- Viewing compliance results
- Managing resource and data access
Lab : Managing compliance settings
- Managing configuration items and baselines
- Viewing compliance settings and reports
- Configuring remediation in compliance settings
- Using compliance information to create collections
Module 10: Managing operating-system deployments
This module explains how to use Configuration Manager to create a strategy for operating-system deployments.
- An overview of operating-system deployment
- Preparing a site for operating-system deployment
- Deploying an operating-system
Lab : Preparing a site for operating-system deployment
- Managing the site system roles used to support operating-system deployment
- Managing packages to support operating-system deployment
Lab : Deploying operating-system images for bare-metal installations
- Preparing the operating-system image
- Creating a task sequence to deploy an image
- Deploying an image
Module 11: Mobile device management using Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to manage mobile devices by using Configuration Manager and Intune.
- Overview of mobile-device management
- Managing mobile devices with on-premises infrastructure
- Managing mobile devices by using Configuration Manager and Intune
- Managing settings and protecting data on mobile devices
- Deploying applications to mobile devices
Lab : Managing mobile devices with on-premises infrastructure
- Preparing Configuration Manager prerequisites for on-premises mobile-device management
- Enrolling and configuring a Windows Phone 10 mobile device
Module 12: Managing and maintaining a Configuration Manager site
This module explains how to use manage and maintain a Configuration Manager site. It describes role-based administration, Remote Tools, and the site maintenance tasks that you can manage by using Configuration Manager. Additionally it explains how to back up and recover a Configuration Manager site system.
- Configuring role-based administration
- Configuring remote tools
- Overview of Configuration Manager site maintenance
- Performing backup and recovery of a Configuration Manager site
Lab : Configuring role-based administration
- Configuring a new scope for Toronto administrators
- Configuring a new administrative user
Lab : Configuring Remote Tools
- Configuring the Remote Tools client settings and permissions
- Managing desktops by using Remote Control
Lab : Maintaining a Configuration Manager site
- Configuring maintenance tasks in Configuration Manager
- Configuring the site backupBackup Site Server task
- Recovering a site from a backup
The Virtual Classroom is an online forum, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Your prereading sits in your personal space at readynez.com: My Readynez. Simply log in, find your course and start your preparations.
Your exam voucher is usually included in your virtual training package. When you´re ready to sit your exam, you just book it. You can sit most exams from home or at a local test centre. We’re here to help you with that process.