In this course, you will be introduced to some general concepts and methodologies related to pen testing, and you will work your way through a simulated pen test for a fictitious company.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
You´ll have the perfect starting point for your training with these prerequisites:
- Intermediate knowledge of information security concepts, including but not limited to identity and access management (IAM), cryptographic concepts and implementations, computer networking concepts and implementations, and common security technologies.
- Practical experience in securing various computing environments, including small to medium businesses, as well as enterprise environments.
- You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-501) course or by obtaining the appropriate industry certification.
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
After you complete this course, you will be able to plan, conduct, analyze, and report on penetration tests.
- Plan and scope penetration tests.
- Conduct passive reconnaissance.
- Perform non-technical tests to gather information.
- Conduct active reconnaissance.
- Analyze vulnerabilities.
- Penetrate networks.
- Exploit host-based vulnerabilities.
- Test applications.
- Complete post-exploit tasks.
- Analyze and report pen test results.
Lesson 1: Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
Topic A: Introduction to Penetration Testing Concepts
Topic B: Plan a Pen Test Engagement
Topic C: Scope and Negotiate a Pen Test Engagement
Topic D: Prepare for a Pen Test Engagement
Lesson 2: Conducting Passive Reconnaissance
Topic A: Gather Background Information
Topic B: Prepare Background Findings for Next Steps
Lesson 3: Performing Non-Technical Tests
Topic A: Perform Social Engineering Tests
Topic B: Perform Physical Security Tests on Facilities
Lesson 4: Conducting Active Reconnaissance
Topic A: Scan Networks
Topic B: Enumerate Targets
Topic C: Scan for Vulnerabilities
Topic D: Analyze Basic Scripts
Lesson 5: Analyzing Vulnerabilities
Topic A: Analyze Vulnerability Scan Results
Topic B: Leverage Information to Prepare for Exploitation
Lesson 6: Penetrating Networks
Topic A: Exploit Network-Based Vulnerabilities
Topic B: Exploit Wireless and RF-Based Vulnerabilities
Topic C: Exploit Specialized Systems
Lesson 7: Exploiting Host-Based Vulnerabilities
Topic A: Exploit Windows-Based Vulnerabilities
Topic B: Exploit *nix-Based Vulnerabilities
Lesson 8: Testing Applications
Topic A: Exploit Web Application Vulnerabilities
Topic B: Test Source Code and Compiled Apps
Lesson 9: Completing Post-Exploit Tasks
Topic A: Use Lateral Movement Techniques
Topic B: Use Persistence Techniques
Topic C: Use Anti-Forensics Techniques
Lesson 10: Analyzing and Reporting Pen Test Results
Topic A: Analyze Pen Test Data
Topic B: Develop Recommendations for Mitigation Strategies
Topic C: Write and Handle Reports
Topic D: Conduct Post-Report-Delivery Activities
The Virtual Classroom is an online forum, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Your prereading sits in your personal space at readynez.com: My Readynez. Simply log in, find your course and start your preparations.
Your exam voucher is usually included in your virtual training package. When you´re ready to sit your exam, you just book it. You can sit most exams from home or at a local test centre. We’re here to help you with that process.