The Developing Applications and Automating Workflows Using Cisco Platforms (DEVASC) v1.0 course helps you prepare for Cisco® DevNet Associate certification and for associate-level network automation engineer roles.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are not included in your course package.
There are no formal prerequisites for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification, but you should make sure to have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam.
And before taking this course, you should have:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Hands-on experience with a programming language (specifically Python)
Here are Cisco learning resources that can help you prepare:
- Python Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE)
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the importance of APIs and use of version control tools in modern software development
- Describe common processes and practices used in software development
- Describe options for organizing and constructing modular software
- Describe HTTP concepts and how they apply to network-based APIs
- Apply Representational State Transfer (REST) concepts to integration with HTTP-based APIs
- Describe Cisco platforms and their capabilities
- Describe programmability features of different Cisco platforms
- Describe basic networking concepts and interpret simple network topology
- Describe interaction of applications with the network and tools used for troubleshooting issues
- Apply concepts of model-driven programmability to automate common tasks with Python scripts
- Identify common application deployment models and components in the development pipeline
- Describe common security concerns and types of tests, and utilize containerization for local development
- Utilize tools to automate infrastructure through scripting and model-driven programmability
The Virtual Classroom is an online forum, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Your prereading sits in your personal space at readynez.com: My Readynez. Simply log in, find your course and start your preparations.
Your exam voucher is usually included in your virtual training package. When you´re ready to sit your exam, you just book it. You can sit most exams from home or at a local test centre. We’re here to help you with that process.