This newly updated Data Protection course using ONTAP 9.5 software, will teach you to become proficient with ONTAP SnapMirror, SnapVault, SVM DR, SyncMirror, and NDMP technologies used to replicate, restore, and protect mission-critical data in the enterprise
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
Before taking this course, you need to take the ONTAP 9.5 Cluster Administration.
You also need to take the web-based NetApp course ONTAP Data Protection Fundamentals WBT.
The link will be available in your personal profile as prestudy and it is included in your course fee.
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
Module 1: ONTAP Integrated Data Protection
- Data protection solutions
- Integrated data protection features
- Monitor and manage solutions
Module 2: NetApp Mirroring Fundamentals
- Mirror relationship components
- SnapMirror policy configuration
- intercluster network configurations
- SnapMirror and SnapVault cascade deployments
- Cluster and SVM peering
Module 3: Implementation of SanpMirror Relationships
- Creating and initializing the SnapMirror relationship
- Disaster recovery
- SnapMirror and ONTAP feature interaction
Module 4: Disaster Recovery for Storage Virtual Machines
- SVM disaster recovery requirements
- SVM for data protection
- Manual SVM update
- Scheduled SMV updates
Module 5: Disk-To-Disk Backup with SnapVault Software
- SnapVault relationship
- SnapVault and storage compression
- Restoring data using SnapVault
Module 6: SyncMirror and MetroCluster Software
- SyncMirror components
- SyncMirror operation
- MetroCluster overview
- MetroCluster switchover, healing and switchback
Module 7: NDMP and Tape Backup
- NDMP fundamentals
- Terms and concepts
- Backup models
- NDMP management
- Preparing for mirror relationships
- Using SnapMirror software to mirror FlexVol volumes
- Performing SnapMirror disaster recovery
- Using FlexClone technology to clone a SnapMirror volume
- Configuring storage virtual machine disaster recovery
- Configuring the SnapVault relationship
- Using SnapVault to restore data
The Virtual Classroom is an online forum, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Your prereading sits in your personal space at readynez.com: My Readynez. Simply log in, find your course and start your preparations.
Your exam voucher is usually included in your virtual training package. When you´re ready to sit your exam, you just book it. You can sit most exams from home or at a local test centre. We’re here to help you with that process.